Wanna Read Some Fresh Osama Bin Laden Jokes?
After United States president Barrack Obama announced on Sunday night that Osama Bin Laden, the leader of al-Qaeda and, basically, the most hunted man in the world, was finally killed in Pakistan, the internet… went a little crazy. On social networks Twitter and Facebook the terrorist’s death is a trending topic, and internet users from all around the world are already cracking jokes in order to “commemorate” this huge event.
President Obama’s announcement caused a lot of reactions on the internet, and social networks users were pretty prompt in receiving and sending the news forward. Furthermore, some of them are making up jokes about Osama’s death. For example, a Twitter account named @GhostOsama was created, which sends updates about Osama’s activity in… the afterlife. The account already has more than 29.000 followers, who can read tweets like “I retired as the world champion of hide and seek”, “Obama is using my death to assure his reelection” or “Hitler is pretty chill”.
Social networks users are also amused by the mistakes made by the media in covering Osama’s death, like Fox News “Obama Bin Lades dead” big announcement.
And, of course, there are the jokes that Twitter and Facebook users made up, some of them funny, some of them… just disturbing. Here is a list of some jokes I stumbled upon this morning:
- Al-Qaeda is currently hiring a Team Leader.
- A prince gets married, the bad guy is dead. It’s a real Disney weekend here on earth.
- The ones who couldn’t attend the Royal Wedding are now invited to Bin Laden’s memorial service.
- Osama Bin Laden is the new mayor of #Hell.
- Victory! After 10 years and 1000 billion $ spend, USA killed Bin Laden right before he was about to die from old age.
- Matt Damon: “I’m unhappy with president Obama’s performance”. Obama: “Well, Matt, I just saw “The Adjustment Bureau, so…”
- Osama’s funeral will be the bomb.
- @jesus: Sorry, you’re at the wrong gate, Osama.
- “One Wedding, One Beatification and One Funeral.” – box office.
- Osama’s last words: I’ll be back.
All this being said I feel as though I should end with a quote. “I have never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure”. Courtesy of Mark Twain, tweeted earlier by Piers Morgan. And, I honestly think, perfectly in the spirit of the day.
Photo source: here.
No related posts.
About Bloooo: Bloooo spends her days surfing the Internet and watching TV shows and movies. When she is not working as a journalist, sort of. She does not enjoy politics or economy, but is a big fan of cartoons, social media and dogs. And, most of all, she really hates frogs.