Angels, symbols of innocence and purity, were a truly romantic theme in music across centuries. These holy figures became humane in the vision of many past-century artists and thus being used as motifs in lyrics describing their beloved ones. And while the sound of music changed throughout the past the years, feelings didn’t. So here’s a chronological list of the best songs about angels from the 80s and the 90s:
1. Real Life – Send Me An Angel, 1983
2. Eurythmics – There Must Be An Angel, 1985
3. U2 – Angel Of Harlem, 1988
4. Aerosmith – Angel, 1988
5. Poison – Fallen Angel, 1988
6. Great White – The Angel Song, 1989
7. Love/Hate – She’s An Angel, 1990
8. Ezio – Angel Song, 1993
9. Robbie Williams – Angels, 1997
10. Silence 4 – Angel Song, 1998
As you might have thought already, these songs can be great love statements that can be used at some point. So choose one and give it to someone special.
Featured photo by Fairy Heart on Flickr.