Six Alternative Footwear Looks for 2012
Looking for a fresh style injection? It’s time to get creative with your shoe closet.
1. It’s a commonly made presumption that the year’s coldest period falls over Christmas. In fact, January and February tend to be far cooler than December and the sales are the perfect opportunity to stock up on winter warmers. Investing in a pair of this season’s over-the-knee, thigh high boots should help to keep legs cosy.
2. If you’re hoping to breathe new life into an old little black dress then do it with your footwear. Prints and patterns rock the high street shoe shelves this season, and you won’t do better than the Monochrome Striped Block Heel Court Shoe (pictured) currently available at Next.co.uk (check out the website for their full range of womens boots and shoes). And, while you’re at it, be sure to take a peek at their delectable selection of ankle boots – all the red carpet style kudos without the bank-breaking designer price tag.
3. A great way to add on-trend warmth to any footwear look is to invest in a pair of boot cuffs. These cheap and cheerful shoe accessories can be added to the tops of any pair of boots to add a fresh injection of fashion-forward style without breaking the bank.
4. Looking for party footwear? This season it’s all about the shine factor. Why not for a pair of cute-chic shoe bootsin the style of Alexa Chung? Her Miu-Miu pair rocked the red carpets in metallic finish, gun metal leather.
5. If metallic boots aren’t your scene, then plump for sparkle instead. Glitter and jewel encrusted pumps and Mary Janes were all the rage at the Jimmy Choo shows this season.
6. Add an edge of adventure to your shoe rack by investing in something that will help you take a walk on the wild side of fashion. Animal prints like snakeskin and leopard print were big news in the fashion columns in anticipation of SS12. Prada styled pencil dresses with colourful snakeskin cowboy boots while Marc Jacobs preferred a leopard print ankle boot to kick off the New Year in style.
No related posts.
About Le Mole: Adela or Le Mole explores the unknown paths of the internet on her journey of discovering new interesting art talents worth mentioning. She tries to be inspiring to inspire others, interesting to make readers interested. All kinds of art, lifestyle, food concepts, fashion, social media but mostly underground art or artists who deserve to be mentioned is what she enjoys writing about.