PDF has become the go-to file format of many businesses when it comes to managing their files. It’s like digitally printing your document and creating a readable copy. Accessing a PDF is close to reading an e-book. It can be viewed using any device. Because of this, more and more companies prefer to use this file format for archiving and finalizing their documents.
However, if you are using this format to store some of your business’s confidential information, it’s best to make sure that it is protected from any intruders. Just like other Microsoft Office platforms, there is also a way to make sure that your PDF is protected all the time. In this article, we will list down some of the reasons why you should protect your PDF and how you can easily do it.
Why encrypt your PDF with a password?
The best way to protect PDF documents is by encrypting them with a password. If you are hesitant if this is really necessary, here are some of the reasons why you should do it.
- File safety – When a document is encrypted with a password, your file will always be safe from any potential alteration or editing.
- Limited access – Using this feature, you can also control whoever will have access to your document. Only authorized persons with access to the password can open and read the contents of your PDF.
- Seal confidential information – For a digital document, one of the best ways to seal confidential information is by encrypting it with a password.
- Worry-free file sharing – If your document is password-protected, you won’t need to worry about sharing or sending the document via email. Simply because every user who opens it will be prompted to input a password.
There are certainly more reasons why protecting your document with a password is necessary. But at the end of the day, safety and security are always of utmost importance.
How to protect your PDF file?
The most convenient way to protect your PDF files is by using an online PDF platform such as PDFBear. It’s a web-based platform that offers a wide range of tools and features that will help you manage and modify your PDF document. Aside from adding a password to your PDF, this tool can also help you convert, edit, manage and personalize your PDF files.
To add a password to your PDF, the first thing that you need to do is to access PDFBear’s website. Once you are already on the homepage, choose the option that says Protect PDF. It will then bring you to another page where you only need to follow 4 simple steps.
- Upload the PDF that you want to encrypt. You can manually select it from your device or you can also use the Drag & Drop option available on the site.
- After uploading the file, PDFBear will automatically scan your document and open it.
- It will now ask you to create a password for the file. Keep in mind that passwords are case sensitive and should be used in the proper case. Once you are ready, you may click on Encrypt PDF.
- After about 2 minutes, or depending on the size of your file, you will have the option to download the encrypted file. You can now save it on your computer or you can use the URL to share with other users.
PDFBear is a plug-and-play website. It means that you no longer need to install or download any software to use all the features and services on their website. Moreover, PDFBear is absolutely free for minimal use. You will not be required to sign in or to create an account. Once you access the site, you can start using it. However, if you feel like you are going to use the tool more often, you have the option to sign up for a Pro membership. It’s a paid subscription that will give you full access to the site.
Benefits of using PDFBear
While there are a lot of tools and platforms available today that will let you manage and modify your PDF documents, using an online PDF tool such as PDBear is still the most recommended option. Aside from the convenience and ease of access, PDFBear is also highly accessible and highly compatible. You no longer need to switch from one device to another.
PDFBear works perfectly on all operating systems such as Windows, Mac, and even Linux. It’s also accessible regardless of whichever browser you use. Basically, for as long as the PDF document is saved on the device that you used to access PDFBear, you won’t have any issues using all their tools. Imagine the number of hours and minutes you can save.
If you decide to sign up for a Pro membership, you will also have access to cloud storage. It is basically like Google Drive or Dropbox but it is through PDFBear. It will allow you to save your converted and edited PDF documents online. It will be secured with a username and password so you can guarantee that your files are safe.
Lastly, PDFBear is aware of the many malicious activities that are happening online. It is one of the reasons why most users prefer to embrace the tedious process of using the software. Some people find it more secure compared to online platforms. Because of that, PDFBear makes sure that all their users can not only conveniently use the website but are protected as well.
Using high-end security software, PDFBear deletes all the information and data that users uploaded on their site an hour after processing it. It will not leave any footprints on the web which make you secured from any hackers or breaches.
During this time, many offices are working remotely. It means that most of your employees are using their home network when accessing your documents. This makes your company information vulnerable to other users. Make sure that your documents are protected all the time with the help of PDFBear. Visit their website to know more information!